In this post, we are going to discuss stepwise instructions to troubleshoot Netgear genie, when it continues to appear after installing a WiFi range extender. Netgear genie might appear in browser websites that user try to open when your desktop or laptop is connected to a Netgear extender’s network. This error can occur if the netgear genie extender is not being setup correctly or when the extender disconnects from the main router’s WiFi network. If user is facing the same problem then, follow these simple steps-
- Reboot your main router and extender, wait until it turns ON completely. It is important to place the WiFi Range Extender where it can receive minimum 45% of the WiFi router’s signal strength.
- Reconnect to the default WiFi network of your Netgear extender.
- Open the web browser in your device and re-run the Netgear extender setup wizard.
- If the issue continues, reset the extender back to the default factory settings.
- After default factory setting, it is necessary to clear the web browser's cache and recent activities.
- Again connect your computer or laptop to the default WiFi network of your NETGEAR extender.
- Open the web browser and configure the extender.
- Once the Netgear WiFi extender is successfully installed and configured, close the NETGEAR genie and try to browse.
If the issue still remains same, then feel free to get in touch with my WiFi Ext Fix experts.