What is first aid?
Usually first aid is used to treat small injuries; very rarely it is a matter of life and death. First aid can be used anywhere, when there is an injury, be it at home, school, workplace and in public places. Basically, first aid is the prompt provision of essential emergency care to injured or sick persons. If you are looking for first aid training, you can opt for https://dandksolutions.co.uk/.
Sometimes first aid care is all that is required for people who have sustained minor injuries and illness and no further medical assistance is needed. In serious situations, the prompt first aid attendance to anyone who is injured before an ambulance can get to the scene makes the difference between life and death, or a full or partial recovery.
Purpose First Aid:
- Save lives
- Prevent further injury or harm
- Prevent injury from becoming worse
- Provides relief from pain and
- To convince people injured
For example, some of the things you will learn are:
1. How to stop the tongue from blocking the airway when someone has a seizure.
2. No matter what first aid training you get, you will be taught the ABC of first aid. This was airway, breathing and circulation. This means that during an emergency situation, you have to focus on the airways to ensure that they are not blocked (for example, choking on food can block the airways).