If you want to spend your vacation in the cultural center then you need to visit the beautiful capital of Colombia.
Bogota is an important cultural center in South America and is the largest city in Colombia. It is a beautiful blend of historic churches and contemporary skyscrapers. The city offers both busy, busy city life and peace and tranquility.
Places to Visit:
- La Candelaria is a favorite tourist spot because it is lined with many churches in the colonial era and museums. When you are here, don’t forget to see the amazing Church of Santa Clara located around Plaza de Bolivar.
- Simon Bolivar is a tourist park that is flooded and definitely needs to be explored. You can enjoy kites flying here or just take a walk around the park to enjoy the view.
- Botanic Gardens also need to be visited. The beautiful lush gardens of the Botanical Gardens are great for enjoying nature. You only need to pay $ 1.00 to enter the place. This place offers cheap but high quality dining choices.
- If you want to get a spectacular view of the city, visit Monserrate, a hilltop in Bogota. It also has a church that needs to be seen. Cable car facilities are available but adventurous souls can always use the footpath to get there.
Things to do:
- You need an excursion to the Gold Museum to catch a glimpse of many gold artifacts.
- For art enthusiasts, a trip to the Botero Museum is a must to appreciate works of art by artists such as Picasso, Matisse and Renoir etc.
- Make sure to tour some of Bogota’s famous libraries; for example, Virgilio Barco, El Tintal and El Tunal.
- To enjoy city tours in the true sense, make sure you try a horse-drawn cart.
- At the end of a tiring trip, stop by one of the various spa centers.
Shopping and Sport:
To buy some antiques, visit La Candelaria. City Center is filled with clothing shops, jewelry stores, bookstores and music stores. Unicentro is also a popular shopping center for tourists and locals. Sports crazy souls can always visit the second largest indoor sports arena in the world; Coliseo Cubierto El Campin. The city offers other outdoor activities such as golf and horse riding, etc.
Nightlife in Bogota:
Bogota offers a thrilling nightlife. There are many night clubs, bars and pubs. Among them, some of the popular ones are: Disco Bar Salome Pagana, Venus Bar and Hard Rock Cafe Bogota.
The most popular event held in Bogota is the Ibero-American Theater Fest (once in 2 years in March or April). Carnival in Bogota (6 August) is a tourist attraction and a favorite of the locals because it includes masks, parades and dances. Rock al Parque and the Summer Festival are also two of Bogota’s most famous events.